Overview: Choral Performances and Workshops
Choral appearances (performances, music festivals, conventions, clinics, workshops, etc.) in Europe as well as the North American states and provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Manitoba, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Oregon, Saskatchewan, South Dakota, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Singers’ Club of Cleveland (a male chorus founded in 1892), 2001 to present. Honors include performance by invitation at Lakeside, Ohio, 2010; Chautauqua Institution, June 2002; National Veterans’ Wheelchair Games, July 2002.
Baldwin-Wallace College Choir (now Baldwin Wallace University), Fall 2006. Included preparation of William Bolcom works for performance with composer in residence.
Baldwin-Wallace Singers, 1999 to 2011. Honors include:
● Preparation and performance of Chen Yi work for performance with composer in residence, 2008.
● Preparation of William Bolcom works for performance with the composer in residence, 2006.
● Performances of Bach cantatas at Annual B-W Bach Festival.
● Performance at convention of Ohio Music Education Association, January, 2006.
● Performance in Severance Hall with the Cleveland Women’s Orchestra, May, 2005.
● Performance at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Washington, D.C.), October 2004.
● Performance at convention of Ohio Music Education Association, February 2001.
Edmonton Da Camera Singers, 1981 to 1998. Honors include:
● 2nd Place in Mixed Choir Category at International Choral Kathaumixw (Powell River, B.C.), July 1996.
● Exchange concerts with Gloria Musicae, professional chamber choir from Sarasota, Florida, 1994.
● Principal chorus-in-residence, 1992 Classical Music Seminar-Festival in Eisenstadt, Austria. Included individual performance at St. Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna.
● Performance by invitation at Podium ’90, national convention of Canadian Choral Conductors (Calgary, AB, 1990) and invitation to perform at MusicFest Canada ’90
● Performance by invitation at Canadian Country Music Awards, 1990
● Performance by invitation at Toronto International Choral Festival, June 29, 1989
● Performance by invitation at the national convention of Canadian Choral Conductors (Vancouver, B.C., 1986)
● Performance by invitation at Expo ’86
● Gold medal standing, Alberta Chor-Al Fest ’88 and invitation to perform at MusicFest Canada ’88
● Appearances on local and regional radio and television broadcasts
Oregon Bach Festival, Eugene, Oregon, (Helmuth Rilling, music director), participating conductor, 1977 and 1979.
Saskatoon Boys Choir, 1974–1975. Highlight was appearance with Saskatoon Symphony and University choirs in performances of Britten’s “War Requiem.”
University and College choirs and instrumental ensembles at Baldwin-Wallace College Conservatory (now Baldwin Wallace University), North American Baptist College, University of Hawaii-Hilo, The King’s College (Edmonton), University of Saskatchewan (summer session), etc. Conducted the N.A.B. College Concert Band two years.
● Performance at É himéni kakou (Hawaiian Intercollegiate Choral Festival); guest director of the combined choruses, 1997.
● N.A.B. College Choristers awarded first rank (gold) standing at Chor-Al-Fest whenever we entered; invitations to perform at MusicFest Canada
● Annual two- to three-week tours with N.A.B. College Choristers